Thursday, February 17, 2011

PERSONALLY, FROM MY HEART

I truly cannot believe the tremendous outpouring of requests I've had to post the work I've done since I left the New Britain Herald for the Valley Press/West Hartford Press newspapers on Nov. 19.  Thank you for your incredible loyalty.

The Valley Press/West Hartford Press website does not serve as a vehicle for online stories.  My stories generally are available only in the newspapers.

Most of my work is being done in West Hartford, where the general populace and the administrators at its three great high schools -- Conard, Hall and Northwest Catholic -- have been outstanding beyond words.  While I miss my friends in New Britain, Southington, Plainville, Newington and Berlin dearly, I am very happy in my new surroundings and feel very secure that the move I made was in my best interests.

The West Hartford Press is distributed free to residents. Any resident who presently does not receive it should pick up the paper at locations in the city, fill out the request-for-delivery coupon and send it along. Non-residents who wish to receive the paper are encouraged to contact the office at 860-651-4700 and purchase a subscription.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  I write a column -- Straight from the Lip -- in each weekly issue, which also features great columns from veteran WTIC radio sports commentator Scott Gray.

In the days ahead, I will go back and post some of the columns I've written for my new papers.  I intend to write up detailed accounts of the 2011 New Britain Rock Cats when I am able.  I really had no idea how much so many of you already miss my Cats coverage and I'm hoping that my change of venues does not affect my presence at New Britain Stadium.  The current plan is to be there when I can through the end of the high school season and regularly during the summer.

No comments: